To encourage, educate and empower restaveks, orphans and vulnerable children.
Our vision is a Haiti in which all children have access to safe community, education and equal opportunity.
*Respire Haiti actively believes and works toward the United Nations Sustainable Development goals.
Restavek. Rester: to stay. Avek: with.
Literally translates to child slave or domestic servant. Restaveks are usually between the ages of 4 and 15. They usually do all of the household chores, i.e. cooking, cleaning, washing, and fetching water. Unfortunately, they are often abused and most likely do NOT go to school.
● We believe the Bible to be the only inspired, trustworthy and true, without error, Word of God. (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
● We believe there is only one God who eternally exists in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19)
● We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, who lives within and guides Christians so they are enabled to live godly lives. (John 14:15-26; John 16:5-16; Ephesians 1:13-14)
● We believe in eternal life, and that through belief in Jesus Christ as the Son of God, we spend eternity with the Lord in Heaven. (Matthew 25:31-46; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18)
● We believe Jesus Christ is God, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His death that paid for our sin through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension/rising up to the right hand of the Father and in His personal return in power and glory. (John 1:1; Matthew 1:18,25; Hebrews 4:15; Hebrews 9:15-22; 1 Corinthians 15:1-8; Acts 1:9-11; Hebrews 9:27-28)